Metabolomics Core Facility
Welcome to the Metabolomics Core Facility at the Institute of Molecular and Translational Medicine (IMTM)
The Metabolomics Core Facility at the Institute of Molecular and Translational Medicine (IMTM) is a cutting-edge research hub dedicated to advancing the field of metabolomics and lipidomics. Our facility specializes in untargeted metabolomics and untargeted lipidomics, focusing on comprehensive metabolic and lipidomic profiling, as well as biomarker discovery. With state-of-the-art instrumentation, a team of expert researchers, and a commitment to scientific excellence, we are at the forefront of unravelling the complex metabolic pathways that underlie various biological processes.
Metabolomics/Lipidomics example workflow utilised in our core facility:
Why Choose Our Laboratory?
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Our facility is equipped with state-of-the-art mass spectrometry and chromatography platforms, ensuring the highest level of accuracy and sensitivity in data acquisition.
- Expert Research Team: Our multidisciplinary team of experienced researchers, including metabolomics and lipidomics experts, bioinformaticians, and biostatisticians, collaborates to provide comprehensive insights into your research questions.
- Holistic Approach: We offer a holistic view of metabolism and lipid metabolism, allowing you to uncover intricate interactions and pathways that influence biological outcomes.
- Customizable Solutions: Our services are tailored to meet your specific research needs, whether you're focusing on basic science, clinical studies, or drug discovery.
- Translational Impact: With a focus on biomarker discovery and translational research, our work has the potential to drive advancements in personalized medicine and therapeutic development.
In conclusion, the Metabolomics Core Facility at the Institute of Molecular and Translational Medicine is a pioneering hub for untargeted metabolomics and lipidomics research. With cutting-edge technology, a dedicated team, and a commitment to driving scientific progress, we invite you to collaborate with us in unravelling the mysteries of metabolism and lipid metabolism. Join us in shaping the future of biomedical research.
Consultation and Training
We believe that collaboration and knowledge sharing are essential for advancing genomics research. Our facility offers consultation sessions with our experts, where we discuss project design, experimental strategies, and data analysis approaches tailored to your specific research goals. Additionally, we organize training programs and workshops to equip researchers with the necessary skills and expertise to independently conduct genomics experiments and data analysis.
Untargeted Metabolomics/Lipidomics screening
Untargeted metabolomics and lipidomics screening are advanced analytical techniques used in the field of life sciences to comprehensively analyze and identify a wide range of metabolites and lipids within a biological sample. These techniques aim to provide a holistic view of the metabolic and lipidomic profile of the sample without focusing on specific compounds or pathways.
Targeted Metabolomics/Lipidomics screening
Targeted metabolomics and lipidomics screening are specialized analytical techniques used in the field of life sciences to focus on the quantitative analysis of specific metabolites or lipid molecules within a biological sample. Unlike untargeted approaches that aim to capture a broad range of compounds, targeted screening hones in on a predetermined set of metabolites or lipids of interest.
The Omega-3 index analysis by Gas Chromatography with Flame Ionization Detection (GC FID)
The Omega-3 index analysis by Gas Chromatography with Flame Ionization Detection (GC FID) is a method to measure the levels of omega-3 fatty acids, such as EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), in a sample of blood or tissue. GC FID separates and quantifies fatty acids based on their chemical properties, providing insights into an individual's omega-3 fatty acid status, which is linked to various health benefits including cardiovascular health and inflammation regulation.
Vitamin D3 analysis by LC-MS
Vitamin D3 analysis by LC-MS quantifies the metabolite 25OH-VitD3, distinguishing between epi-25OH-D3 and 25OH-D3. This method precisely measures these forms of vitamin D metabolites, important for assessing overall vitamin D status and its various health impacts.
AB SCIEX QTRAP 5500 Tandem mass spectrometer
Thermo Fisher Scientific LC-MS system for metabolomic studies
Equipment's connection within research labs and groups:
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your genomics research needs, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Our friendly and knowledgeable team is ready to assist you. You can contact us through the following methods:
- Phone: +420585632176
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Institute of Molecular and Translational Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry and Czech Advanced Technology and Research Institute, Palacky University, Hnevotinska 5, 779 00 Olomouc, Czech Republic
We are excited to be a part of your metabolomics and lipidomics research journey and look forward to collaborating with you on groundbreaking discoveries that will shape the future of science and medicine. Let's unlock the potential of metabolomics and lipidomics together!