The Czech-BI operates a single entry portal (czech-bioimaging.cz) with clear and transparent information on the research infrastructure itself, its instrumentation, services, access policy, training and events. The concrete access rules are published at the individual websites of the Czech-BioImaging nodes.
In general, the Czech-BioImaging partners offer three different modes of access:
Czech-BioImaging open access
It is an excellence-driven access mode, which is exclusively dependent on the scientific excellence, originality, quality and technical feasibility of an application evaluated by internal experts or by external experts, if required by the Czech-BioImaging node - core facility (e.g. larger projects can be additionally evaluated externally).
A fee may apply for covering the costs related to the consumable and to the additional support provided by the core facility above standard technical support provided to users, and to cover costs of the core facility related to the user access which are not funded by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (projects LM2018129 & CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_013/0001775).
The user is obliged to submit a project application into the Czech-BioImaging database of users and acknowledge the Czech-BioImaging (please see below).
Open Access via Euro-BioImaging - For more information click on the LINK
Open access via other access modes (e.g. collaborative projects)
Czech-BioImaging open access principles
- The Czech-BioImaging is a distributed infrastructure that provides an open non-discriminatory access to its instrumentation and expertise.
- The Czech-BioImaging provides transparent information to (potential) users on the access rules.
- The Czech-BioImaging through the hub and individual nodes (core facilities) support their users by providing training, advice on selection of a suitable instrument for a project, on project design/execution and evaluation, and by providing temporary repositories for image data.
- The users entering the core facilities in the Czech-BioImaging open access mode are requested to register and submit a project into the Czech-BioImaging database of users.
- The intellectual property created within the project is the property of the user (unless agreed otherwise).
- Users have to conform to the concrete access rules of the Czech-BioImaging node - core facility they visit.
- Users are obliged to acknowledge the Czech-BioImaging in any output (publications, patents) and public presentations that were created by using the Czech-BioImaging instrumentation or expertise.
We acknowledge the core facility xy, institution xy supported by the Czech-BioImaging large RI project (LM2018129 funded by MEYS CR) and by European Regional Development Fund-Project "National infrastructure for biological and medical imaging" (No. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_013/0001775) for their support with obtaining scientific data presented in this paper.
Or in a short version:
We acknowledge the core facility xy, institution xy supported by the MEYS CR (LM2018129 Czech-BioImaging) and ERDF (No. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_013/0001775).