Das Viswanath M.Sc., Ph.D.
I am primarily interested in bioactive compound (both natural and synthetic) as therapeutic candidates for cancer and tauopathies. My current work focuses on the use of 3D cell models for hit validation and studying the effects of the spatial dimension and tumor-stroma interaction on cancer cell response to anti-cancer agents. We also use these 3D models to understand the intricacies of the hypoxic microenvironment in the development of resistance to microtubule-targeting drugs. Another aspect of my current research is focused on biochemical and structural studies of tau for the identification of tau anti-aggregation agents for the treatment of tauopathies, such as Alzheimer's disease.
- N Annadurai; K Agrawal; P ; M ; V Das. Microtubule affinity-regulating kinases are potential druggable targets for Alzheimer's disease. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017 Nov;74(22):4159-4169.
- N Annadurai; A Cagnotto; A Bastone; M Salmona; P Džubák; M Hajdúch; V Das. Identification of potential inhibitors of Tau aggregation for Alzheimer’s disease therapy. Czech Chem. Soc. Symp. Ser. 15, 1–48 (2017). Conference paper
- J Řehulka; N Annadurai; I Frydrych; P Znojek; P Džubak; P Northcote; JH Miller; M Hajduch; V Das. Cellular effects of microtubule-targeting agent peloruside A in hypoxia-conditioned colorectal carcinoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta, 2017. S0304-4165(17)30124-1.
- V Das; T Fürst; S Gursk.; P Džubak; M Hajduch. Evaporation-reducing culture condition increases the reproducibility of multicellular spheroid formation in microtiter plates. J Vis Exp, 2017, 121:e55403.
- K Agrawal; V Das; M Otmar; M Krečmerov.; P Džubak, M Hajduch. Cell-based DNA demethylation detection system for screening of epigenetic drugs in 2D, 3D and xenograft models. Cytometry A, 2016, 91:133-143.
- V Das; T Fürst; S Gurska; P Džubak; M Hajduch. Reproducibility of uniform spheroids formation in 384-well plates: The effect of medium evaporation. J Biomol Screen, 2016, 21:923-30.
- V Das; F Bruzzese; P Konečný; F Iannnelli; A Budillon; M Hajduch. Pathophysiologically-relevant in vitro tumor models for screening of anticancer compounds. Drug Discov Today, 2015, 20:848-55.
- V Das; J Štěpankova; M Hajduch; JH Miller. Role of tumor hypoxia in acquisition of resistance to microtubule-stabilizing drugs. Biochim Biophys Acta, 2015, 1855:172-182.
- V Das; JH Miller. Microtubules as a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, Yamamoto, H. and Oshiro, A. (Eds.), In: Axons: Cell Biology, Molecular Dynamics and Roles in Neural Repair and Rehabilitation, Nova Science Publishers Inc., 400 Oser Avenue, Suite 1600, Hauppauge, NY 11788. Chapter 5, pp: 281-313, 2015. (ISBN: 978-1-62948-051-0).
- V Das; A Kanakkanthara; A Chan; JH Miller. Potential role of tubulin tyrosine ligase-like enzymes in tumorigenesis and cancer cell resistance. Cancer Lett, 2014, 350:1-4.
- V Das; DA Sim; JH Miller. Effect of taxoid and non-taxoid site microtubule-stabilizing agents on axonal transport of mitochondria in untransfected and ECFP-htau40-transfected rat cortical neurons in culture. J Neurosci Res, 2014, 92:1155-1166.
- SS Madhukar; A Solomon; AK Kumar; V Das; S Krupanidhi. In silico design of inhibitors for β-secretase: Implications for Alzheimer’s disease. Curr Trends Biotechnol Pharm, 2013, 7:558-566.
- V Das; JH Miller. Non-taxoid site microtubule-stabilizing drugs work independently of tau overexpression in mouse N2a neuroblastoma cells. Brain Res, 2012, 1489:121–132.
- V Das; JH Miller. Microtubule stabilization by peloruside A and paclitaxel rescues degenerating neurons from okadaic acid-induced tau phosphorylation. Eur J Neurosci, 2012, 35:1705-1717.
Publications (Impact Factor Journals):
- ŘEHULKA, J., N. ANNADURAI, I. FRYDRYCH, P. ZNOJEK, P. DŽUBÁK, P. NORTHCOTE, J.H. MILLER, M. HAJDÚCH a V. DAS. Cellular effects of the microtubule-targeting agent peloruside A in hypoxia-conditioned colorectal carcinoma cells. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 2017, 17, 30124-1. ISSN 0304-4165. IF: 5.083. PMID: 28366502
- DAS, V., D.A. SIM a J.H. MILLER. Effect of taxoid and nontaxoid site microtubule-stabilizing agents on axonal transport of mitochondria in untransfected and ECFP-htau40-transfected rat cortical neurons in culture. Journal of Neuroscience Research. 2014, 92(9), 1155-1166. ISSN 0360-4012. IF: 2.594. PMID: 24788108
Doctoral students mentor:
Ph.D. specialization: , status: Ongoing, from: 2015
Master students mentor:
status: Graduated, from: 2015
status: Interrupted, from: 2014