The proteomics core features a comprehensive set of analytical instruments to cover a range of proteomic analyses. The Orbitrap Elite Hybrid Ion Trap-Orbitrap ETD (Thermo Scientific) for discovery proteomics, the QToF5600 (ABSciex) for SWATH analysis and a QTrap 5500 (ABSciex) for protein quantitation and validation by single/multiple reaction monitoring (SRM/MRM), all coupled to Ultimate 3000 RSLC nano high-performance liquid chromatography systems (Dionex). The facility also has an HCTultra PTM Discovery System (Bruker Daltonics) for PTM analyses and two ToF ultrafleXtreme (Bruker Daltonics) systems for MALDI/NALDI analyses.
A Quadra3 liquid handling workstation (TOMTEC Life Sciences) for solid phase extraction, PROTEINEER dp (Bruker Daltonics) in-gel digestion and MALDI sample preparation station, 1D, 2D, DIGE scanner Typhoon (GE), recombinant protein production and purification instrumentation NGC-Discover Chromatography system (Bio-Rad) is also available to expedite high-volume sample preparation and analysis.
Instrumentation is supported by data management and complex analyses systems that are administered by bioinformatic and IT support staff.
- Protein identification, discovery, quantitation (labelled, label-free), SILAC, FASP
- Biomarker discovery, validation, SWATH, SRM, MRM, glycocapture
- Identification of protein post-translational modifications
- Immunoaffinity pull-down experiments, molecular targets identification
- Mass spectrometry data analyses,
- Consultation, training
Head of the facility
- Tomáš Ozdian